A scenic circumnavigation of Mt. Bachelor. The highlight of the ride is from Elk Lake resort to Mt. Bachelor ski area — great views and a short challenging climb of 3 miles with grades up to 7 %.
We like riding this route shortly after it opens (late May / early June) and before school let’s out. The traffic is light, the mountains are still snow capped, and the streams and lakes are full.
– Loop: 61 miles / 3500 ft gain
– Location: ~ 15 min southeest of Bend, OR
– Date Posted / Updated: ~ June 2017
– Terrain: Varied. Some flats, some long slight inclines of 2%, a climb of ~ 800 ft, and several fun downhills.
– Pavement: Mostly light chip seal.
– Traffic: Little to some.
Wanago Sno Park / Pit toilets.
**Food / Water
At Elk Lake resort, mile 42. Worth the stop.
**GPX Track File
Click to download.
Click “View Full Route” in the upper left of the graphic for full screen display and various downloadable GPS file types. For help with Ride, GPS files, etc. see the “Help with …” page.