A beautiful “tour” of Concello de Ribeira in the Galicia region of Spain. The ride starts and finishes inland, working it’s way through many small towns and past family farms. The middle section of the ride is that of nearly continuous coastal views, from the beach and at other times from the foot hills.
Some of the sights along the route include the lighthouse of Corrubedo where you may see mussel fisherman working the rock shoals, the dunes and beach of “Parque Natural de Corrubedo”, the fishing port of Aguiño and the beautiful coast of the Riberia and the view from “Mirador Da Rá”.
Don’t rush this ride …. take the time to enjoy it! Stop. Look. Explore.
– Loop: 34 miles / 2300 ft gain
– Location: Riberia / Galicia region of Spain
– Date Posted / Updated: ~June 2016
– Terrain: The route is rolling and punchy, but the climbs are short, no more than 400 ft of ascent. Some of the pitches exceed 10% and touch on 15 %, but not for long.
– Pavement: Mostly back country roads and local transit roads. Quality varies from light chip seal with some dimpling to smooth tarmac.
– Traffic: Little to some (near the towns).
~ 6 miles north of Riberia at the intersection of AC-550 and DP-7103.
**Food / Water
Recommend downtown Riberia for a coffee. However, there are several small towns throughout the ride.
For General information on riding in Galicia, see our blog post.
**GPX Track File
Click to download
Click “View Full Route” in the upper left of the graphic for full screen display and various downloadable GPS file types. For help with Ride, GPS files, etc. see the “Help with …” page.