Explore the scenic hills and farm lands between the “Bay of Murose and Noia” and the “Bay of Aurousa” via an outstanding climb along the shoulder of Mounte Muralla followed by a fun, windy downhill back into the town of Noia.
The climb to nearly the top of Mounte Muralla is about 9 miles long with a gain of 1600 feet. The bottom section of the climb is the steepest. The higher you climb, the more the views open up and the climbing backs off to very reasonable. After you crest the climb, it is nearly a continuous downhill of 2 to 4 % back to Noia. ~June 2016
– Loop: 34 miles / 3500 ft gain
– Location: Noia / Galicia region of Spain
– Date Posted / Updated: ~June 2016
– Terrain: The route is either up or down. The climbing is reasonable, but some pitches will exceed 8%.
– Pavement: Local transit roads. A mix of smooth tarmac and light chip seal with dimpling. The long downhills tend to be on the smoother tarmac.
– Traffic: Little throughout most of the route.
Noia. The park just off AC-550 to the west of downtown tends to have plenty of open parking spaces.
**Food / Water
At about mile 13.5, ride just past the left turn off AC-305 to a small cafe on the right. There is very limited water / food after this.
For General information on riding in Galicia, see our blog post.
**GPX Track File
Click to download
Click “View Full Route” in the upper left of the graphic for full screen display and various downloadable GPS file types. For help with Ride, GPS files, etc. see the “Help with …” page.