A great introductory ride to the Galicia region! A moderate climb, a scenic and fast descent, and some riding along the coast.
– Loop: 26 miles / 2500 ft gain
– Location: Muros / Galicia region of Spain
– Date Posted / Updated: ~July 2016
– Terrain: A series of 3 climbs out and 2 on the way back in, with the 5 Km climb to the summit of Ancares at or above 11 % grade the entire time.
– Pavement: Local and regional transit roads. Mostly smooth tarmac with light chip seal on the climb.
– Traffic: Little to some.
Muros, along the main street.
**Food / Water
Along the coast section of the ride.
For General information on riding in Galicia, see our blog post.
**GPX Track File
1) Click to download.
Click “View Full Route” in the upper left of the graphic for full screen display and various downloadable GPS file types. For help with Ride, GPS files, etc. see the “Help with …” page.