This ride is like that Hollywood blockbuster that was produced for $5 million and brings in box office sales of $600 million. It far exceeded our expectations!! … wild Spain scenery in the national park of the mountains and canyons (Parque Natural de la Sierra y los Cañones de Guara), grand views of the Pyrenees, tiny roads, and a big descent.
– Loop: 32 miles / 3300 ft gain
– Location: ~ 5 miles west of Aínsa
– Date Posted: August 2017
– Terrain: Undulating, but progressively uphill to mile 24, then a descent at 6% to Boltaña.
– Pavement: Mostly back country roads and local transit roads. A mix of good tarmac and light chip seal with some rougher patches mile 13 to 24.
– Traffic: Very little to little
Any public area in Boltaña.
**Food / Water
For General information on riding in Galicia, see our blog post.
**GPX Track File
Click to download.
Click “View Full Route” in the upper left of the graphic for full screen display and various downloadable GPS file types. For help with Ride, GPS files, etc. see the “Help with …” page.