A scenic and remote ride with an ending 5 Km climb that offers up expansive views with a consistent grade of 11+ percent. Gravel Girl really enjoyed this ride!
– Out & Back: 57 miles / 7500 ft gain
– Location: Ponferrada / Galicia region of Spain
– Date Posted / Updated: ~June 2016
– Terrain: A series of 3 climbs out and 2 on the way back in, with the 5 Km climb to the summit of Ancares at or above 11 % grade the entire time.
– Pavement: Mostly back country roads and local transit roads. Mostly light chip seal with some rougher patches near the summit of Ancares.
– Traffic: Very little to little
Any street in the town of Arganza.
**Food / Water
There are several small towns along the way with Candin being the last before the 5 Km finishing climb.
For General information on riding in Galicia, see our blog post.
**GPX Track File
Click to download.
Click “View Full Route” in the upper left of the graphic for full screen display and various downloadable GPS file types. For help with Ride, GPS files, etc. see the “Help with …” page.